1. Pricing for contracts with processing facilities is partially based on quality.
2. Collecting more material isn’t necessarily better if you are collecting materials that cannot be recycled.
3. Processing facilities may reject loads with excessive quantities of residue or charge a fee to process that load.
4. It is a waste of energy and resources to collect materials in recycling bins that will eventually be sorted out and landfilled or incinerated as residue.
1. Speak to your processor to get a list of acceptable/unacceptable recyclable items.
2. Work with your processor to identify the most common unacceptable items being received.
3. Bring all parties together to develop a strategy → educator hauler - processor.
4. Educate the public
5. Measure your success
Links to IPF/MRFs (For list of acceptable items plus contact information)
Graphics to Borrow:
NJDEP artwork http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dshw/recycling/promotools.html
WM Recycle Often Recycle Right http://recycleoftenrecycleright.com/resources/
Recycling Partnership (bottom of page) http://tools.recyclingpartnership.org/contamination/
America Recycles Day https://americarecyclesday.org/toolkit/
Samples from: Morris County Atlantic County Utilities Authority Burlington County
Specific material images (Courtesy of Morris County)
Waste Management http://recycleoftenrecycleright.com/resources/
Plastic Bag Recycling http://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/plasticbag/resources.html
Plastic Bags stuck in MRF screens Oregon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBSW75-AqM
MRF Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5nmNKVNCBw&mc_cid=c0e93cc6fb&mc_eid=d9b2ba030e
Using Social Media (link to other document)
Recycle Coach http://info.recyclecoach.com/resource-library-homepage
Waste Management RORR widget (A widget is a small add on for your website) http://recycleoftenrecycleright.com/rorr-widgets/
Recycling Coach app & website plug-in https://recyclecoach.com/
Plastic Film Recycling http://www.plasticfilmrecycling.org/s00/index.html https://www.recycleyourplastics.org/
© 2018 Association of New Jersey Recyclers All rights reserved. | Privacy Statement |
| Home |
Association of New Jersey Recyclers
120 Finderne Avenue, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908) 722-7575 Fax (908)722-0280
web design & hosting
JoyceMedia Web Design